I wanted to let you know that the Elementary kids of LCC are participating in a special project to help the victims of the recent tornado in Alabama. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Kids4AL Box Project is a hands-on ministry project for children to connect with and encourage children who were affected by the tornadoes in Alabama. Gather a shoebox or a shoe sized box and fill it with the following:
1. A personal note or drawing with your child’s name and state where the box is coming from. A parent may want to include a return mailing address. (not required)
2. A scripture verse of hope and encouragement. (Ex. Psalm 62:5, 147:3, Ephesians 3:14-19)
3. Children’s toiletry items- toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, and soap.
4. Include a pen (or pencil) and crayons and a notebook (or writing pad) in each box. Drawing and writing are the best ways to help children process what they are thinking and feeling.
5. Fill the box full of fun activities for the child and also include a few group activities, such as coloring books, stickers, eraser, pencil sharpener, markers, stamp and ink pad set, notebook, journal, sticky notes, flash cards, handheld games, puzzles, disposable cameras, activity books, children’s books, animal play figures, jewelry, mini lego set, fun bands, cards, cars, miniature board game, ball, finger puppets, beach ball, dolls, flashlight, stuffed animal, yo-yo, jump rope, devotional, and Bible.
6. Please, do not pack glass, liquid, or candy in the boxes.
7. Pray for the child that will receive the box.
8. Label each box on both ends in large print with one of the following two letter symbols.
• GY (Girl age 3-5)
• GO (Girl age 6-11)
• BY (Boy age 3-5)
• BO (Boy age 6-11)
Learn more at www.kids4AL.com.
Boxes are due back to the church on: SUNDAY MAY 15
I know this deadline is quick but the need is immediate. This is a great opportunity for your children to share Christ with someone who may not know Him.