Leviticus 26:8 NKJV says:
Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight.
If you start with the math on the first part, a hundred should only put to flight two thousand. The hundred have five times as much potential power per person as the five do. That’s what I call “God’s exponential people power”. When people work together at a common goal we achieve more together than we can apart. People are the most important element in a growth structure.
To grow an organization you must first grow people. I used to just see myself as a teacher of children. Now I know that I am more valuable to the kingdom of God as a teacher of teachers of children. When I teach others I release God’s exponential people power.
Here’s are my steps to building a team that can release “God’s exponential people power”:
- Get the right people – recruit and win the right people to our team.
- Put the right people in the right places – sometimes this works hand in hand with part one. Sometimes we recruit based on need, other times we recruit on talent and desire.
- Build the people –
- Loving people. If you don’t love people you will just use them.
- Getting to know people: their dreams, hopes, weaknesses, strengths, fears and character.
- Developing people: disciple, challenge, correct, teach and lead.
- Duplicating people – lead and copy ourselves in others.
- Multiply people – move beyond adding and into “God’s exponential people power”.