If you deal with people on a regular basis, you will get into conflict. I am not telling you anything you don’t know but people won’t always agree with you. Here’s some things I do to help me deal with and resolve conflict.
1) Don’t react without thinking. Think before you leap.
2) Don’t overreact. When you overreact you automatically set the outcome to a negative one.
3) Don’t ever take it personal. This probably isn’t about you.
4) Try to see things from the other person’s point of view. There might be some truth in what the are saying.
5) Allow the person an out and forgive. Holding a grudge not only hurts the relationship but you personally.
I had an opportunity to put all these in action a couple of weeks ago. A leader confronted me about some changes that have been made. I kept my cool and turned it around. Now this leader is excited abut those changes.